Sunday, July 12, 2009

Halloween

Friday was our camp Halloween celebration (yes, we're doing some American holiday celebrations here on random days that are not the actual holidays). The kids came up with some amazingly creative costumes, especially considering that most of them did not pack costume materials and most of them had to get creative with the clothes they already had or go to fabric stores and make things on their own. Should we see some pictures?

First we have Jim and Ken, two of the American teachers here. These two were hilarious and stayed in character as funny old ladies named Anna and Marge.


Mike (the zombie on the left) is a high school theater teacher and stayed in zombie character all night.



Mateusz from my group went as a leprechaun, but I think he looks more like one of the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup.

Some of the other teachers have nicknamed this kid "Giggles" because he laughs in class all the time.

Sometimes you can't go wrong with a classic ghost costume.

Nicole Lipsy as Amy Winehouse.

Hmm....yeah.


You knew there was going to be a Joker, right?

Hey! It's me and my class! (And my toga!)

This is a student named Katarzyna (who goes by Kate) that I've become pretty good friends with. We hung out a lot in Gdansk.

I thought Monika was going as a goth, but she assures me that she was a witch.


The kids that went as the HSM kids won the award for best group costume.

The girl in the jumpsuit was supposed to be Meghan Fox from Transformers.

And that's it! Some very cool, creative costumes.

3 comments:

  1. 1- LOVE the redheaded weasley look alike. so cute!
    2- you've replaced me with kate. she's a bigger hippy than me. granted, its a halloween costume. looks damn sweet though.
    3- what's HSM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's HSM? Only HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. haha. how could i NOT know that.

    ReplyDelete