Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome to my travel blog!

Hey friends! As many of you know, I will be spending about a month (June 25th to July 23rd) teaching in Poland through the UNESCO program in Poland. I figured that setting up a blog would be the best way to keep everyone informed about what I'm doing and to share pictures and stories with my friends and family.

Right now I'm still in the process of getting all packed and ready. I've never gone on this long of a trip before so I'm still not sure I'm doing this right. It's a fine line between forgetting something important and overpacking. I have to pack some little trinkets to give out to kids in my homeroom -- little USA things that they can take home. So far, I've bought some MN postcards, some state quarters, and some replicas of old-timey luggage labels from famous hotels in great American cities. I think that should be enough.

I'm also spending a lot of time looking at these pictures that someone took on a previous trip with the same program. I can't believe I'm leaving in less than 2 days!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited for you! You'll be a wonderful teacher and LOVE Europe! Even though it may seem like a task, try to keep up with the blog... it's so much fun to have people track you and be able to look back at all you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (That was Ellen, by they way...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren--
    I think one suitcase of clothes and one backpack will be enough. This is my estimate from my experience with traveling for long periods of time-- not to mention that I just had to pack for two months at camp!

    Don't worry too much about forgetting things. You can buy pretty much anything you forgot once you get there. Just make sure you have essentials.

    ReplyDelete